Oscar Favourites – Let’s Do This!
The Oscars are this Sunday and while we haven’t seen all (or hardly any) of the movies nominated, we are well prepped for the red carpet. Whether the fashion is on point or not, we love to see who is wearing what. It’s always interesting for us to see who takes a chance, who nails it and who takes a big bite of the red carpet.
Here are a few of our faves from the last couple years (it was tough to narrow down) and who we are excited to see this year:
Excited to see:
1. Kate Blanchette always brings it on the red carpet so we are so excited to see what she is wearing. We guess Prada!
2. Brie Larson (nominee) is a newbie to the red carpet and has had her fashion game on point lately so lets hope she gets a great look for the oscars to make her debut.
3. Eddie Redmayne (nominee) always looks chic and refined on the red carpet, but we are hoping that he gives us a little more edge this time around. Perhaps a coloured suit? Here’s hoping!
All time Faves:
1. Lupita Nyongo, 2013 Oscars
She channelled her inner Cinderella and her home town of Nairobi when she wore this gorgeous blue gown. We were wide eyed when we saw her enter the red carpet. So chic and simple, this look was one of the best we have ever seen.
2. Charlize Theron, 2004 Oscars
Giving us old Hollywood glamour, this amazing gown by Gucci is a stunner! In our eyes, it’s simple, chic and sexy. Not over done and everything is on point from the hair, make up and can we talk about that tan?! Amaze!
3. Gwenyth Paltrow, 2012 Oscars
How can you not look good wearing Tom Ford?! She put the cape back on the map. The fit is pure perfection and the colour pure elegance. Sometimes simple is the way to go when you want to make a statement when everyone else is trying so hard.