Gifting your Holiday Host
Throwing a party is a lot of work, nevermind the expense of feeding and serving you a cocktail or nine. So, we think the best way to show your appreciation for your host is to gift them generously – who knows, next year you might be invited back! Here are our suggestion for items you can purchase so you’re contributing to the party as well as leaving something behind for the host.
Check out this clip from the segment we did on CTV Morning Live Vancouver.
- Wine is a must and this year we found a couple of outstanding South African wines, the Inception Deep Layered Red and the Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc – both under $15. If you’re looking to create a batch cocktail, use the Two Oceans Sauvignon Blanc or Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot (think Christmas sangria!).
- Grey Goose has come out with a limited edition Nordic Tube in time for the holidays, perfect for adding some French luxury to your bar and creating high-end cocktails. If your host is into scotch, treat them to a bottle of the world’s finest by Dewar’s.
- Refresh your host’s decor with a holiday piece from Real Canadian Superstore, including barware, glasses, zodiac mugs and beyond.
- Make sure that while you’re shopping at a Real Canadian Superstore, Loblaws, Joe Fresh or Shoppers Drug Mart that you use your PC Financial World Elite Mastercard and earn 3X the PC Points (30 points for every dollar you spend) and redeem them in the new year food, clothing, housewares or almost anything else you need.
- Walmart also has some really interesting pieces to consider, like the Crock-Pot Triple Dipper or the Outset Media Family Edition Canadian Trivia Game.
- And no gift is complete without the trusted batteries. This December Duracell has teamed up with the Children’s Miracle Network. For every package of batteries purchased Duracell will make a donation the charity with the goal of raising $150,000.