The polka dot is back. No, we’re not going to look like we’re en route to a costume party dressed like a clown or the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. This time we’re seeing it in more subtle ways. And they’re popping up everywhere — socks, shirts, pants and sweaters.
The key to pulling off this season’s go-to print is scale. Try a miniature version with a mostly solid look if you’re ready to dabble or go over-scale to make a big statement. This week, we’re pointing out our favourite polka dots for the season.
1. This gorgeous Boss dress shirt is the perfect way to eliminate some of the plaid we’re seeing season after season. This winter, dress up your formal look by wearing this shirt and a suit or blazer. Or, dress it down with a simple jean jacket or layering piece like a chunky knit sweater.
2. Not ready to dive in headfirst with polka dots? Dip your toe into a great pair of socks. Jack and Jones is having a lot of fun with this trend and we guarantee that you’ll get a compliment when you cross your leg and the polka dots peek out.
3. Go bold or go home! We love this large print dot from Joe Fresh — perfect on a cardigan. You can wear it on its own or layer it to tone down the look.
4. We love pocket squares! A simple and chic way of adding in a bold colour or print to your look. It is subtle and understated.
5. Own the bold tie of the season and incorporate a little extra colour. We love the statement the red tie makes without being too over the top.